Intermediate Technical Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Technical Analyst. This is a ten (10) month contract position to start immediately in Kitchener/Waterloo ON.
The On-Site Support (OSS) team is responsible for overall End User Computing support encompassing desktop hardware, operating system, enterprise application software, peripherals, and mobile devices. This team primarily ensures successful delivery of End User Computing services to our client through measured service response and service restoration targets. In addition, the team fulfills client service requests, change orders, and hardware/operating system upgrade. This role will support the rollout of Windows 10.
The position reports to Team Lead, Technical Client Support in either the support or solutions arm of the End User Computing department. The incumbent is accountable for End-User Computing support encompassing desktop hardware, operating system, enterprise
- Deployment of Windows 10 laptops and desktops for end users; executing these upgrades in accordance with pre-determined timeline and processes;
- Execute PC refresh strategy. The incumbent will organize desktop and notebook hardware refresh activity for end users and execute these refreshes in accordance with the pre-determined schedule. This requires coordinating and scheduling the refresh work activity to meet end-user availability, and following established procedures for hardware device refresh. This includes configuration of standard desktops/notebooks and the effective maintenance of inventory records;
- Troubleshoot and provide post-upgrade support to clients, ensuring they are up and running quickly following their upgrades;
- Provide inventory control and lifecycle asset management for end-user computing devices. The incumbent will be required to effectively manage the assets in our inventory control system; and,
- Participate in key software and hardware deployment projects. The incumbent will work as part of broader technology initiatives and implementations sponsored by other areas of Enterprise Services, playing a service deployment role for those major implement.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills with PC operating systems (specifically Windows 7 and Windows 10), their setup and configuration, computer hardware repair, and device connectivity (TCP/IP, network adapter configuration);
- Solid understanding of network (WAN, LAN, VPN) and telephony systems;
- Working knowledge of enterprise software tools such as MS Office365, Lotus Notes;
- Proven customer experience, practiced communication skills, both orally, and written;
- Technical education and training resulting in a certification (product-specific, vendor-specific, or technical courses) in any area of support for personal computers including computer operating systems, computer hardware repair, PC configuration;
- Minimum 1-2 years of field support experience in either: end-user support, software support, computer hardware configuration and/or repair, Help Desk / Service Desk support;
- Experience interacting and working with third-level technicians/engineers is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience managing competing demands and working in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory Services and Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) is an asset; and,
- Ability to plan, prioritize and achieve goals in an efficient and productive manner.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.