Development and Integration Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Development and Integration Specialist. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start In March in Toronto ON.
- The Development and Integration Specialist will be responsible for carrying out the duties described below, commencing on or about March 11, 2019. 2.0 Assignment Duties
- The Development and Integration Specialist is responsible for:-
- Developing applications using Oracle APEX, Java and/or HTML5, Microsoft .NET, SQL development, and creating and performing unit tests related to that work;
- Providing services for scoping and planning for software or system development or integration projects - Perform system upgrades related to components such as but not limited to application versions, database versions, operating system versions, or hardware
- Assisting with scoping and planning of changes;
- Providing input and assist with standards and process changes that relate to the system development lifecycle, or other related application or development standards;
- Assisting with business systems analysis, develop and apply an understanding of business and project requirements in projects;
- Providing input for project risk, action, issue, decision logs;
- Creating detailed documentation related to applications and systems such as that related to requirements, design, system, build, run, source to target mappings, data flows;
- Abiding by related policies, and ensuring or assisting with license considerations for system changes - Liaison with corporate partners on different changes;
- Managing change according to applicable processes - Assisting with quality assurance and control - Coordinating and work directly with business clients and other business units;
- Technical project management/change and release coordination. E.g. change planning, promotion of code from the environment to environment, implementations and cutover, testing; and,
- Utilizing a provided tracking system for project issues - Performing other related application integration and development tasks.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or certifications a definite asset;
- 5+ years strong demonstrated experience integrating applications through the full system lifecycle in a complex, predominantly Windows enterprise environment;
- Experience with one or more of the following will be additionally considered: Hansen Work Management System, Laboratory Information System, Atlassian Jira, SAP Business Objects, OpenText Content Suite, Subversion version control;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, vendors, and team members. Maintain a strong customer service orientation even while in stressful situations;
- Sound knowledge of analysis & design techniques and system implementation methodologies. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience using enterprise architecture principles to create solutions.
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) concepts and software applications. Preference is given to experience with a tool such as Software AG webMethods. Technical Capabilities:
- Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and processes such as Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Scrum.; and,
- Demonstrated Working knowledge of infrastructure or other components related to application development and integration such as IP networking rules, Antivirus, Backup and restore considerations. Experience with applications that use Oracle, Microsoft SQL,
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems as it relates to system development and integration, including installing and maintaining software, and integrating with Active Directory. Capability with Windows Server version 2012 or higher; and,
- Experience with Linux operating systems is also beneficial.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.