Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a General Accountant. This is a two (2) week contract position to start immediately in Aurora ON.
The General Accountant ("GA") is responsible for the maintenance of fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports including the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and to assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Maintain books of account (including but not limited to bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts, prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, keep track of accruals, booking commission calculations, expense reports, etc.);
- Prepares monthly HST and WSIB filings;
- Monitors all other tax installments and payments;
- Prepare monthly close up of financial statements in close collaboration with CFO;
- Maintain month-end and year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or tax reviews;
- Complete monthly close (including bank reconciliations for multiple accounts) up to and including financial statements and reconciliation for all accounts;
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for financial and accounting issues;
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities;
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records;
- Prepare internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and requests external reports as necessary; and,
- Maintains fixed asset register and balances monthly to GL.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Degree/diploma in business, finance would be highly preferable;
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in bookkeeping/accounting [ideally at a Food Companies];
- Comfortable working in a multi-currency environment;
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks software would be a definite asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Knowledge and experience with Ceridian PowerPay payroll system would be an asset;
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills;
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines;
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures; and,
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.