Senior Payroll Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Senior Payroll Administrators for contract opportunities, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with sites to ensure accurate and timely entry to time entry module;
- Resolving time entry issues and assisting with time entry;
- Responding to requests for information from WCB, Service Canada, CRA, and other external agencies;
- Collecting time and pay reports, following up on outstanding/missing information;
- Processing full-cycle salary, hourly, union and non-union payroll using the in-house ERP system (JD Edwards);
- Managing, reconciling, filing, and remitting monthly, quarterly, and annual stakeholder payments (WCB, EHT, etc.);
- Processing payroll reconciliations and journal entries on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis;
- Acting as a mentor to payroll admin providing guidance and sharing best practices and expertise;
- Managing the annual reconciliation and reporting process for stakeholder accounts;
- Assisting and supporting the Payroll Manager in the trail year-end and final year-end reconciliation, validation, and creation of the tax forms;
- Supporting the team during vacation and absences in the department;
- Overseeing WCB registration and review/file workers compensation remittances for applicable provinces;
- Timely validating and reconciling Workers Compensation payroll deductions for all remittances required during the year leading up to the annual reporting;
- Responding to requests for information from internal/external auditors;
- Generating routine and ad-hoc payroll reports;
- Reviewing and ensuring timely reporting of all payroll withholding tax payments to appropriate agencies; and,
- Producing, reviewing, and submitting electronic ROE's.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) to seven plus (7+) years’ payroll experience;
- Certification by the Canadian Payroll Association as a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) plus working towards the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification;
- Previous exposure to full cycle accounting an asset;
- Knowledge of ERP system, Oracle - JDE Payroll preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities;
- Willingness to ask questions and the ability to interact effectively in a team environment;
- Proven critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills;
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Customer service oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.