Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a ten (10) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the sponsor's business requirements have been clearly defined and documented;
- Defining the scope of the project, owning and managing project goals, risks, issues and resources;
- Working with business owners, Solution, System and Enterprise Architects, technical Subject Matter Experts, and vendors to evaluate solutions, based upon requirements, that meet organization strategies regarding technical solutions to solve business problems;
- Providing input to business strategy and prioritization of Program Portfolio;
- Managing research to determine and quantify options solutions to meet strategic fit;
- Collaborating on RFI, RFP and options analysis to recommend proposed solutions;
- Ensuring effective team identification of and acting as escalation point for project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies within the portfolio, working with the team to devise and implement effective mitigation strategies taking corrective action to achieve resolution to the satisfaction of Program Manager and business sponsor;
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to the project team including matrixed project resources, providing coaching, training, development and feedback to line managers as needed;
- Negotiating with suppliers both internal and external to secure a timely and cost-effective outcome for the project;
- Accurate and timely reporting against the project plan and budget in line with appropriate governance;
- Ensuring each project adheres to the governance required by Program Office including the maintenance of full documentation;
- Determining progress business developments in partnership with key stakeholders;
- Establishing and building relationships across citizens to facilitate achievement of strategic goals while maintaining momentum throughout the project life cycle;
- Determining internal and external resources required to deliver the projects;
- Creating, fostering and instilling a climate of resources adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of change management; and,
- Ensuring the project deliverables can achieve the benefits defined in the business case.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Two to three (2-3) years of program management experience;
- Demonstrated success in project implementation planning and execution specific to activities for network or security changes;
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of project management methodologies and full project lifecycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumption and dependency management and change controls process;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to influence others without direct supervision;
- Comfortable facilitating meetings, negotiating with vendors and presenting to groups;
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio;
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time;
- Strong background in the Information Security realm with exposure to some of the following disciplines: Network topologies, firewalls, load balancing, Identity and Access Management, Single Sign On, Network Access Control, Certificates, Platform Security, Data Leakage Protection (DLP) and Layered/Multifactor Authentication;
- Familiarity with process modeling, workshop facilitation and business analysis;
- Experience in collaborating, managing relationships and holding accountable third-party managed services providers for infrastructure, technical development and application/platform support;
- Ability to create and foster a climate of adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of change management;
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects and teams within business change management;
- Exposure to robust testing disciplines related to the requirements and planning for functional, regression, performance and penetration (ethical hacking) testing to insure adherence to accepted testing policies in all test regions;
- PMP certification (an asset);
- CISSP or similar designation (an asset); and,
- Bachelor’s degree (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.