Data Security Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Data Security Specialist. This is a permanent career opportunity to start immediately in Toronto ON.
Our client offers a competitive salary & benefits package including up to 15% bonus.
The purpose of this role is to execute and maintain the data loss protection program and provide data protection subject matter expertise to business and technology stakeholders. This includes monitoring and responding to sensitive data incidents, and recommends and implements strategies to address common data incidents.
- Lead the data-loss prevention program development and maintenance. And serve as trusted advisor and subject matter expert on data treatment to the data platform technology partners including senior leadership and external partners on data security items;
- Administration of existing DLP tools which includes configuring policies, reporting, upgrades, etc. and work with PMs, technology teams vendors to expand coverage DLP technologies;
- Monitor, analyze and respond to alerts generated from the DLP systems and other technologies working with various partners in the organization including HR, compliance and legal;
- Provide data protection subject matter advice in relation to PCI DSS, PIPEDIA and organization’s data classification requirements. As well as, conduct data security audit and investigate of highest risk business and technology areas and processes, make re
- Remain abreast of changing and emerging data security and privacy laws and official guidance. In addition to staying abreast of new technologies and issues in data science, including current technologies, platforms, standards, methodologies, privacy expectations, and ethical guidelines; and,
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and proactively build channels of communication across business units to ensure collaboration and achievement of organizational objectives to improve products and processes.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University Degree, Computer Science or Engineering. Should also possess Information security certification CISSP or equivalent;
- Seven plus (7+) years of relevant experience as a data protection advisor / SME;
- Must be able to execute strategic and tactical direction for DLP solutions offerings;
- Experienced in expanding existing DLP support capabilities, configuring technical rule sets, policies, and ensuring consistency across DLP platforms. As well, represent and contribute to the overall DLP solutions and methodologies;
- Able to perform daily incident response and system administration operation duties, which may require having nontraditional working hours;
- Incident response management and experience drafting notifications to data protection authorities;
- Expert knowledge of various data treatment methods including encryption and obfuscation. Along with having strong knowledge of data classification and data loss prevention principles;
- Fully competent with capabilities and features in endpoint, email and cloud data leakage tools (e.g. O365, Mcafee, and Proofpoint);
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., PCI DSS, NIST CSF, ISO 27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data protection;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reflected in the ability to successfully form cooperative partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve business-focused solutions; and,
- Ability to self-direct and work independently when necessary, and clearly articulate technical concepts/ issues to both technical and non-technical peers and management.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, give us a call to speak to a recruiter or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.