Eagle is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst. This is a ten (10) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the various stages of software development for complex web applications;
- Participating in the development of the solution including design, ideation and technological choices;
- Participating as a high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software;
- Working with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them;
- Acting as team leader on less complex projects;
- Assisting in training less experienced technical staff;
- Working under the general direction of a senior system integrator, project manager or a functional IT manager;
- Work in an Agile environment; and,
- Ensuring stability and high performance of the application.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism in French and function English;
- Eight (8) plus years’ experience;
- Five (5) years practical experience in web backend development;
- Capability of being almost entirely self-directed and requires very little management;
- Ability to act as a lead or supervisor to others;
- Ability to make decisions or acts to help management make decisions;
- Expertise in Java;
- Expertise in technologies such as SQL, Spring, Spring Boot and REST;
- Experience with object-oriented design;
- Good verbal and written communication;
- Strong tolerance to ambiguity;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with Unix-based systems;
- Diploma in computer science (an asset);
- Familiarity with macOS (an asset); and,
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, SNMP/MIB, Networking and ElasticSearch (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.