Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Scrum Master. This is an eleven (11) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading projects with agile methodology;
- Working with Agile software development teams and for multiple, simultaneous development projects;
- Planning, coordinating, organizing and tracking projects through to deployment;
- Overseeing development touch points with other internal development groups;
- Serving as scrum master for one or more teams;
- Integrating Agile including Scrum and Kanban principles into team practices;
- Facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos by enhancing strong discussion, decision making and conflict resolution;
- Assisting the Product Owner to prioritize product features by keeping the backlog groomed;
- Communicating and collaborating with other internal teams to understand any changes and remove blockers;
- Liaising between User Experience and Designers, Developers, QA leads and Product Owners to foster strong communication between the disciplines;
- Managing resources, risk, quality, scope, budget and project deliverables;
- Managing dependencies between teams, IT and third-party vendors;
- Ensuring the team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery;
- Facilitating open communication, decision-making, and conflict resolution;
- Improving transparency within the team and while working with business representatives;
- Proactively identifying impediments and appropriately resolving using network of peers and formal channels;
- Providing all support to the team using servant leadership style and leading by example;
- Facilitating teamwork and continuous improvement of the team's agile engineering practices;
- Tracking and ensuring visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the sprint and releases; and,
- Collaborating with project leads to aggressively address issues, risks and mitigation plans.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related technical field;
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a software and product development environment;
- Three (3) years’ experience working in an Agile or Scrum methodology;
- Certification as CSM/SAFe or experience in other scaled agile frameworks;
- Ability to excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency;
- Strong technical acumen with knowledge of key web and software development technologies;
- Ability to communicate to all levels of organization, possess excellent communication, planning and organization skills;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills both in person and written;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting stakeholder expectations;
- Ability to influence, add value and challenge decisions when necessary; and,
- Experience with the Atlassian suite such as Jira and Confluence (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.