Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Engineer. This is an eleven (11) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, designing and configuring network;
- Providing engineering support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units and vendors;
- Leading new service and technology introductions and guiding the implementation of such into the production environment;
- Documenting design solutions and conducting project training and information sharing sessions;
- Performing activities during maintenance windows between midnight and five in the morning or during the weekend;
- Contributing or leading process improvement initiatives typically associated with delivery cycle times and efficiency, as part of continuous improvement approach; and,
- Ensuring layer 3 support for production network.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer/electrical engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Expert level hands on experience on LAN and WAN networks;
- Advanced knowledge on information security systems such a firewall, IPS and DDoS prevention;
- In depth knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS and eVPN;
- Strong background in Linux system administration on Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS or equivalent;
- Strong experience in hands scripting and programming in Python, Ansible, Shell or equivalent;
- Hands on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers and Docker;
- Hands on experience with networking physical layer technologies;
- Familiarity with alarming, logging and monitoring technologies such as Zabbix, Elastic Search, Kibana and Logstash;
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle principles and some of the related tools;
- Interest in working in an agile/devops environment;
- Ability to be autonomous and able to work in ambiguous circumstances;
- Ability to lead the resolution of complex problems, involving many partners both internal and external across multiple systems or processes;
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, negotiating and technical decision-making skills;
- Excellent English written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills; and,
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV, OpenDaylight or ONOS (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.