Senior Project Manager
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a four (4) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Defining and managing the scope, timeline and budget within the approved parameters established for the release;
- Developing and maintaining a project plan to successfully deliver the release;
- Serving as a single point of accountability for day-to-day management of project delivery;
- Leading the project team to ensure the project goals and objectives are achieved and meet business needs;
- Establishing and following a protocol for reporting progress to the LaMPSS Project Steering Committee;
- Working closely with the LaMPSS Business Solutions Support Team;
- Coordinating delivery activities and resourcing;
- Managing the production and validation of project deliverables;
- Leading the implementation of changes, including cutover planning, readiness preparations, change cutover and transition from delivery to support;
- Capturing issues and risks reported by the project team and working with the team to plan and execute corrective action;
- Managing issues and risks, escalating to the Project Sponsors, as necessary;
- Defining and using decision and change control processes to instill awareness and engagement of project stakeholders;
- Providing feedback, knowledge transfer and support to team members;
- Maintaining a sense of project priority and urgency;
- Maximizing productivity within the project team;
- Ensuring stakeholders are engaged and committed; and,
- Managing relationships with stakeholders, keeping them aware of project scope and progress as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Significant experience in developing implementation plans, schedules and budgets;
- Solid track record of successful software delivery projects, including complex, challenging situations;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships with senior business representatives and all project team members;
- Proven workshop planning and facilitation skills;
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to see things from other points of view;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Ability to coach team members to produce exceptional business and technical documentation;
- Proven ability to deliver projects under tight timelines;
- Strong skill in the use of and knowledge in Microsoft Project;
- Experience working with provincial government’s Information Communication and Technology Services (ICTS), and following the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Architecture Review Board (ARB) processes (an asset);
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) (an asset); and,
- Experience coordinating with other parallel projects (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.