Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Android Developer. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start in February in Ottawa or Toronto, ON.
The Android Developer will be a part of a highly skilled, Agile team and work in a collaborative environment where continuous learning opportunities and challenging work is a constant. You will employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
- Be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members.
- Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle.
- Think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with your team.
- You are someone who is not afraid to bring ideas to the table and possess strong communication and collaboration skills
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University or College degree with five plus (5+) years’ experience of development in languages that include Java and JSON;
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in Android development utilizing Material Design, Android Studio, and SQLite database experience;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience driving and supporting the development of new mobile capabilities and features based on current market trends and implementation;
- Three plus (3+) years with build and version control systems such as GIT and Android SDK build tools;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience acting as mobile and technology expert to support LOBs roadmap and help to solve business problems/objectives;
- Development experience includes unit testing and ensuring testing code coverage;
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful and SOAP web services;
- Experience in cloud solutions to enhance technology solutions (push notifications through Amazon SNS);
- Experience in iOS development;
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth; and,
- Experience with automation/CI tools to support continuous integration; and,
- Experience in development and support cloud through Amazon cloud services.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.