Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Android Developer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five (5) plus years of industry experience developing mobile Android Apps;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience acting as mobile and technology expert to support LOBs roadmap and help to solve business problems/objectives;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience of development in languages that include Java and JSON;
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in Android development utilizing Material Design, Android Studio and SQLite database;
- Three (3) years’ experience driving and supporting the development of new mobile capabilities and features based on current market trends and implementation;
- Three (3) plus years with build and version control systems such as GIT and Android SDK build tools;
- Development experience including unit testing and ensuring testing code coverage;
- Experience with Android libraries and best practices when it comes to communicating with RESTful and SOAP webservices;
- Experience in cloud solutions to enhance technology solutions and push notifications through amazon SNS;
- Experience in an impressive Android project or several, in the app store;
- Strong experience with Java and JSON;
- Experience with Kotlin;
- Experience crafting and building user interfaces for both Android smartphones and tablets;
- Strong experience and knowledge of design and architectural patterns and knowing when to apply them;
- Experience working in an Agile team environment as well as work independently;
- Comfortability in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities;
- Ability to atay current and competitive by keeping up-to-date with the latest Android platform capabilities and make relevant recommendations;
- Ability to be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members;
- Ability to be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery cycle;
- Ability to think through challenging and interesting problems and solve them with the team;
- Anility to bring ideas to the table and possess strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Experience in iOS development (an asset);
- Knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth (an asset);
- Experience with automation/CI tools to support continuous integration (an asset); and,
- Experience in development and support cloud through Amazon cloud services (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.