Desk Side Support Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Desk Side Support Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Installation and maintenance for break/fix of all hardware for internal end users in various locations across North America;
- Providing technical support to third party vendor to ensure compliant with COE policies and procedures;
- Identifying process gaps and initiate corrective resolution;
- Managing and maintaining service levels;
- Communicating with customer and manage expectations to mitigate downtime and impact to all operations;
- Monitoring and mentoring third party supplier in remote and/or unsupported locations to ensure timely delivery of hardware and meeting committed service levels;
- Initiating corrective workarounds to ensure Service Desk aware of status for timely incident updates;
- Technical understanding of Desktop Operating Systems (functions, features, Configurations, Imaging, Operations), Workstation Hardware, Networking requirements, Active Directory and Services requirements (Including DNS, DHCP) to ensure functional and working implementation;
- Acting as Technical Lead on all incidents pertaining to hardware and desk top services;
- Leading and/or participating in new desktop solution implementations;
- Participating in on-call support of the desktop services infrastructure; and,
- Creating documentation and guides users as required for the maintenance of desktop support services.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or equivalent in Commerce/Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science. An advanced degree is an asset;
- Six (6) to ten (10) years’ experience in a broad base of technical management (certifications or equivalent experience is desirable);
- Through knowledge of desktop deployment tactics;
- Microsoft Suite of applications, Desktop hardware and services, VDI solutions, understanding of Active Directory and organizational units;
- Excellent decision making skills and quick with risk and mitigation;
- Facilitation and negotiation management skills with the ability to drive corrective action;
- Breadth of understanding for current IS architecture;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Understanding the technology for desktop services and inter-working with network topology;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with passion and conviction; and,
- The ability to manage difficult situations.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.