Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Middleware SME. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing a wide range of services including, search, installation including deployment and versioning, maintenance, configuration and administration of systems and applications;
- Providing technological solutions to operations, development and architecture teams;
- Acting as an expert advisor (SME) to other business units by providing technical expertise in the area of expertise, technologies, trends and processes, as well as solving highly complex problems;
- Participating in projects to scale systems and applications and optimize operational environments in the cloud, virtual and physical environments;
- Configuring, designing, building, deploying, and provisioning Middleware infrastructure for all environment updates including certificates;
- Deploying internally and externally developed applications and delivering the components of the domain;
- Keeping defective, basic infrastructure components up-to-date, as well as links to third-party vendors to report issues or receive patches;
- Performing problem analysis, including data collection and analysis;
- Establishing, executing and documenting operational processes to ensure operation such as maintenance plan and disaster recovery plan;
- Monitoring the life cycle of systems, ensuring that specifications and features support business objectives and architecture decisions, supporting any required adjustments as needed;
- Effectively applying and implementing the design patterns, standards and standards of infrastructure components, in line with the guidelines and the engineering product catalog;
- Keeping abreast of trends in the technology and business industry;
- Working effectively as a team, supporting other team members and resolving critical issues, and needs to know how to handle stress during urgent and unforeseen interventions;
- Autonomously prioritizing and managing own workload to deliver quality results and meet deadlines;
- Actively participating in creating a positive work environment, which promotes service to the business client, quality, innovation and team spirit and ensuring timely communication of issues and outstanding points;
- Developing scripts using the right tools, addressing deficiencies, and simplifying and improving environments, applications and systems; and,
- Providing the necessary efforts to constantly improve knowledge of the systems.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree or technology certificate;
- Bilingualism in French and English;
- Five (5) years of experience with Websphere;
- Five (5) years of experience with Weblogic;
- Five (5) years of experience with Windows;
- Three (3) years of experience with Cloud technology;
- Three (3) years of experience with Unix;
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following Middleware tools: WebLogic Server, Websphere Server, IIS, Tuxedo, WebSphere, FileNet, SAS and Insbridge;
- In-depth knowledge of client and server technology;
- Knowledge of the practice of different phases and project methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile;
- Sense of organization and time management and be empowered to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, customer focus and results orientation;
- Knowledge of automation concepts and deployment tools, such as XLDeploy (an asset);
- Knowledge of Python, Jython, WinBatch, BASH and DOS scripting languages (an asset);
- Knowledge of Control-M and SAS (an asset);
- Knowledge of the concepts of data security and PKi (an asset); and,
- Knowledge in project management including planning, testing, estimating efforts, risk management, reporting, budgets, Ms Project and Visio (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.