Database System Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Database System Administrator. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in March.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing databases, policies and procedures;
- Managing database resources and services, ensuring data quality for the integrity and availability to application;
- Performance monitoring, tuning, and query optimization;
- Implementing tables, queries, stored procedures, triggers and relationship DB setup;
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues such as, but not limited to, logs, duplications, data corruption, connectivity, blocking and deadlocking;
- Coordinating system integrations of data from other systems including the use of remote data or the automated population of external data and content into applications under the scope of the incumbent;
- Coordinating the export, import, and copying of content as requested by clients;
- Ensuring data content complies with data governance rules and has been reviewed by the database administrator if required;
- Conducting problem and resolution management and being involved with issues surrounding the production services area;
- Actively participating in the analysis of problems, impact analysis and resolving actions;
- Conducting application systems support and ensuring that services are running within acceptable limits;
- Providing leadership and support for departmental initiatives outside of ITS on the best practices for implementing and maintaining database and application infrastructure for new systems;
- Providing thorough technical expertise, thoughtful leadership, and effective persuasion to peers and junior staff;
- Participating in assigned projects, evaluating the required assigned tasks and submitting the estimate to complete the effort;
- Collaborating with other workgroups involving other institutions using similar applications, sharing information and discerning best practices;
- Monitoring developments in similarly used applications in a higher education context;
- Recommending and implementing policies and procedures to integrate the application within the college technical and administrative infrastructure;
- Accomplishing organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Capacity planning;
- DR support;
- Evaluating software update notices in relation to production applications, planning scheduled updates, including impact analysis, recovery planning and testing; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three (3) year diploma or degree preferably in computer science or IT related;
- Database administration certification;
- Eight (8) years’ experience in database development and administration in multiple database environments;
- Oracle database experience;
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, resource contentions, memory, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, performance tuning, query optimization, backups, restores, recovery models, clustering and mirroring;
- Experience integrating multiple applications through workflow and other technologies;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with management, development teams, vendors and system administrators;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with an effective approach in client communications;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and,
- ERP training (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.