Big Data Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Big Data Developer. This is a six (6) month contract position to start in February in downtown Toronto.
In this role, you will join the Enterprise Data Hub team and you’ll build, implement and maintain solutions that support and enhance the enterprise Data Lake capabilities. You will support initiatives related to ingestion into EDH as well as consumption from EDH. As a Senior Developer, this role requires involvement in the requirements, design and hands-on development process.
- Develop & Design – Participate in the Requirements and Design phase, develop and build code, perform code reviews.
- Test, debug, document, and manage changes to ensure the successful implementation and maintenance of programs.
- Support changes through implementation;
- Analyzing Business Requirements - Research and analyze business requests and recommend solutions;
- Coordination - Participate in production and user acceptance testing support to troubleshoot complex problems on applications and technologies;
- Effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications as instructed by senior team members; and,
- Coordinate change ticket implementations.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Hands-on development expertise with Cora Java or Scala as well as Python and SQL;
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies;
- Preferably you have previous exposure to data ingestion and consumption and are well versed with building scalable Data frameworks;
- You also have previous experience with Spark, Hive, Oozie, HiveQL, Hive UDFs, Sqoop, Impala.
- Must-Have Skills/Experience:
- Five plus (5+) years of development experience;
- Three (3) to five plus (5+) years of Big Data experience (Hadoop preferred);
- Experience with the following (in order of priority);
- o Spark;
- o Scala/Java;
- o Python;
- o Sqoop;
- o Hive; and,
- o HiveQL.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.