Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Developer. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start in February in Chatham ON.
The Application Developer provides support of production applications by troubleshooting issues and developing, testing and migration of solutions. Has a strong understanding of the business processes and application functionality relevant to their area as well as an understanding of related applications in adjacent areas. Will be required to author technical design of functional specifications and progress the solution from design through the software development life-cycle to implementation. Has a strong understanding of, and ensures adherence to, the IT processes and standards required. The Application Developer will also be expected to be effective in both a team environment as well as working independently. Expected to show a keen interest in learning new applications and tools. Create and maintain database storage structures and objects. Provides production support of applications in production by troubleshooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution. Develops and unit tests application programs as specified in Technical Designs. Obtains code reviews from Senior Application Developer. Ensures that all programming standards and policies are adhered to. Obtains Technical Designs and Unit Test plan reviews from Senior Application Developer. May perform Tech Designs and Unit Test plan reviews of other developers. Develops Unit Test Plans to test programs. Ensures that standards and policies are adhered to. Authors Technical Designs (TDs) that define how a functional design will be technically enabled. Develops and maintains applications for business processes and systems. 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Performing sustainment/development activities in either break-fix/monitoring/emergency response or enhancement/small projects or project work in a team environment;
- Duties will include support for primarily purchased applications, some custom in-house developed applications, and development life cycle activities;
- Learning the business behind the applications
- Providing high-quality deliverables in adherence to our defined development methodology and standards;
- Competent interaction with ECS clients, IS/ITI peers and external vendors as necessary;
- 24x7 on-call / standby rotation (1 week on call out of 4 weeks)
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) – Hexagon and/or ESRI technologies (HEXAGON is the bulk of work to be done, experience with Hexagon is ideal);
- Experience with G/Technology Designer, NetViewer or Mobile Viewer strongly preferred;
- Experience with FME;
- Experience with SQL Developer, PL SQL and/or SQL;
- Experience using .NET C#, Visual Studio;
- 3+ years software operational support/sustainment;
- 3+ years software development;
- IT/Business/related degree or equivalent experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as this individual will be interacting with many internal teams;
- Strong teamwork skills and have the ability to influence people;
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to learn new technologies;
- Exceptional communication skills required, both verbal and written;
- Must possess key team player qualities including integrity, accountability,adaptability;
- Sound analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills required; and,
- Ability to remain focused, motivated, and work independently.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.