Database Administrator - Oracle
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Database Administrator - Oracle. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start immediately in Mississauga ON.
Our client is looking to bring on an Oracle DBA for a 12-month contract with a chance of extension. This candidate will be supporting multiple projects and programs. The selected candidate ideally comes with prior experience with the financial industry, The Database Administrator (DBA) is required to perform Oracle database changes related to project and business as usual requests. This involves "personalizing" Oracle databases to meet the needs of their associated applications.
- Vet new DB server builds and reviews project documentation to ensure design specifications meet the application needs;
- Create new databases;
- Updates to the database schema (create, alter, or drop objects);
- Apply database permissions (add, modify or delete logins, grant/revoke permissions to DB objects);
- Deploy code (stored procedures, SSIS packages, Oracle scripts);
- Tuning and optimization of database settings;
- Setup DB’s traces for PCOE testing to capture various performance metrics;
- Advise on DB standards as required on projects (e.g. audit processes, database access, job configuration);
- Support testing cycles on projects (eg. Running scripts, database backup/restores);
- Updates to DB inventory for audit and chargeback (specifically for Shared Gold databases); and,
- Preparation for, and participation in, various audits as required (Internal, SOX, PCI); and,
- Handover of encryption keys to EITO when TDE or SSL is employed.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University or College degree with three (3) to five (5) years of related experience;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience as an Oracle DBA ( Previous experience Strongly Preferred);
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience working with Oracle Database;
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience Performance Testing;
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in Audits (Sox, PCI);
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience working with Linux/Unix/AIX;
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience working with DB2;
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written;
- Previous encryption experience would be an asset;
- Three (3) years of previous Database Access/Security/Audit would be an asset; and,
- Knowledge or experience with Testing Support – Nonfunctional Testers.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.