Software Developer - Java
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Software Developer - Java. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start immediately in Mississauga ON.
- Responsible for leading technical aspects of the project from inception through to deployment
- Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles;
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions
- Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues
- Active participation in issue resolution;
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting;
- Configuration management for the subprojects within the release;
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment, and support of builds as the code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments;
- May lead code reviews;
- Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed;
- Participate in the development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code);
- Provide technical support to the business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution;
- Data set up and environment shakedown;
- Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
- Knowledge transfer within the group; and,
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge; transfer has occurred to full-time staff upon completion of the contract term.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Degree/Certifications Required: Any post-grad, but the experience is more important;
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years of previous experience with the following:
- Expert level programming skills in JSON;
- Expert level programming skills in PYTHON;
- Expert level programming skills in SQL; and,
- Expert level programming skills in HTML.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.