Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Development CoE Lead
Eagle is currently seeking a Development CoE Lead. This is an eighteen (18) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
The Development Lead ensures that developers deliver quality solutions that abide by the standards set by the Development CoE. This individual often acts as the lead designer of the technical solution in collaboration with the solution architect. The Development Lead provides guidance in regards to development and is considered a primary point of contact for the Development CoE.
- Understands the overall/strategic direction defined by senior management - related to team goals;
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration, working as one team;
- Build a cohesive team and create an inspiring team environment;
- Support business and personal goals, including performance review and evaluation, and career development;
- Mentor, coach, motivate and guide team members in carrying out related development activities;
- Agile approach and ability to iterate to create innovation;
- Leverage analytics for ongoing and continuous improvement;
- Lead technical design sessions, review design and development tasks;
- Establish coding conventions/standards/checklists for the area of expertise;
- Perform code review in critical functionality areas; and,
- Ability to quickly and efficiently respond to and work on production issues (sometimes after hours or weekends).
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in computer science or application development
- Certifications/functional skills : SDLC Methodology – Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development Experience;
- 5+ years of Development Team leadership and mentoring experience with minimal guidance, excellent communication;
- Minimum 10+ years developing/maintaining robust, highly-available, high performance distributed systems;
- 10 years of experience in Java, J2EE;
- Experience developing effective APIs, RESTful services, Microservices design, and development;
- Excellent object-oriented software design skills;
- Experience developing complex data-driven server-side software in Java;
- Strong experience in developing with Spring MVC framework, Core, and Boot;
- Good knowledge of Spring Security;
- Deep understanding of service-side/middle-tier technologies: caching strategies/solutions, middle-tier frameworks, messaging/queuing;
- Familiar with how modern DevOps works, canary flows;
- Familiar with PCI compliance/Security standards/issues; and,
- Experience with Tomcat, Git, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Jira, SoapUI, Oracle, Maven, Subversion.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.