Senior Operation Tax Coordinator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Operation Tax Coordinator. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start in February in downtown Toronto.
The Operations Analyst will report to the Director – Business Solutions & Support. This role is accountable for supporting financial and operational functions across the regions, developing business processes/policies & procedures and facilitating adherence with relevant standards, processes, methodologies, corporate policies, and regulatory requirements. This role will provide technical and operational support to the sales and support professionals in the regions and is required to liaise with Private Banking and other branches, Wealth Management Product Operations, Technology, Wealth Management Compliance, Wealth Management Risk Management and other internal departments. This role also supports an integrated and consistent approach toward operational functions, technology and data to assist with the efficiency and effectiveness of the region. This role will contribute to the delivery of projects on a day to day basis and will have accountabilities in establishing strong relationships to maximize team effectiveness and ensuring the integrity and efficiency of branch operations and administration. The Operations Analyst will have the overall accountability with respect to Audit-related tasks such as monitoring and control of transactional and operational activities and ensuring compliance with regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Review current state process to do with tax and development of the future state processes with the group;
- Mitigate risk and close the gaps once identified;
- Collaborate to recommend improvement opportunities to process and systems;
- Develop training materials as required for new system implantation and procedural changes;
- Develop and communicate processes and procedures, participate in the development of training and coordinate roll-outs;
- Developing policies and procedures and coordinate annual review;
- Putting controls in place and how to manage it going forward; and,
- Taking minutes in project meetings.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in QI Tax environment;
- Experience in project coordination a strong asset;
- Process development;
- Knowledge of MS Access is required as there will be a lot of queries;
- General knowledge of investment and banking products;
- General IRS (QI, FATCA), CRA Tax Knowledge would be an asset;
- Although not required, Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset;
- A team player that is customer-service focused;
- Takes initiative and works well independently and with others;
- Demonstrated history of responsiveness and proactive problem-solving capabilities;
- Attention to detail and risk inherent in the trust and investment management business;
- Organized and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment; and,
- Ability to proactively identify problems and come up with solutions.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.