Application Support Analyst – Senior/ Pega Application & Environment Support Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Support Analyst – Senior/ Pega Application & Environment Support Specialist. This is a three (3) month contract position to start immediately in downtown Toronto.
As an Application & Environment Support Specialist, THE CWR joining Pega COE Environment Support team and be responsible for supporting the following functions: Pega Application Administration, Environment build and support, Code deployment, Incident Support, and Change Management supporting all applications built on the Pega platform. In addition to this, the CWR will provide application or infrastructure technical expertise as needed for projects and initiatives related to their implementations. EVP (Employee Value Proposition: This will provide the CWR with the opportunity to be part of an extremely niche development platform and will provide unparalleled exposure to this environment, the first of its kind amongst other banks
- Environment Support - Identify and resolve medium to highly complex environment issues by analyzing the application log files and pin-pointing trouble spots in configuration. Manage, support, and resolve complex vendor, integration, and proprietary technical issues in a calm and efficient manner.;
- Pega Administration - Administer the following entities on the Pega platform: application security, backend web service integrations with other systems, access management for various roles using the environment, agent scheduling and database connectivity. Install and configure Pega nodes. Perform vendor Hotfix installation and Pega code build, deployment and sync. Execute SQL queries associated with deployments. Engage and direct operations staff to perform administration of higher environments;
- Automation – Design and lead process automation efforts by collaborating with the internal team and external vendors;
- Change Management – Work with the Release Manager to schedule and create change tickets for the Test and Production environments. Represent Pega COE change tickets to Enterprise Change Management (ECM). Ensure compliance with ECM procedures including lead; and,
- Lead & Influence - Lead project coordination efforts from an environment support perspective. Influence project stakeholders with your technical expertise to provide an optimal end-to-end solution. Identify and implement proactive solutions to stabilizer.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Can demonstrate experience in Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems, shell scripts (ksh/bash), and Java (Servlet, JSP, EJB, SOA – WebServices);
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in webserver configuration and management (Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic);
- Experience with Java code lifecycle of build, version control (TFS, svn, git), change management (ServiceNow, HP ALM) and deployment;
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of SQL queries;
- Ability to take a procedure done manually, evaluate all possible scenarios of complexity and eventually automate the same procedure for flawless execution with Jenkins or other tools in the DevOps toolchain;
- Strong knowledge of Cloud, Network, Loadbalancer(s), DNS, TCP/IP, SFTP/SSH, clustered web servers, clustered application servers, and highly available/scalable web architectures and disaster recovery techniques;
- An understanding of software development methodologies including waterfall and agile practices; and,
- Pega Framework experience is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.