Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Finance Manager. This is a six (6) month contract position to start in February in downtown Toronto.
The Business Controllers Team is responsible for the closing of month-end financials, ensuring reporting is accurate and complete. The Finance Manager will be supporting a new project/product. There will be some new manual changes required for this offering to ensure month-end closing is completed accurately. As they introduce the new project, changes to the process will be required to support the team. This resource will be required to gather information to facilitate the month-end close process as well as perform business-as-usual functions.
- Co-ordinate, prepare and provide relevant reporting/analysis to the various business units in support of the accrual process.;
- Work with the Business Finance and Operations groups to identify and implement process and procedure improvements.;
- Responsible for the preparation of journal entries and maintenance of accounting records.;
- Assist with the coordination of month end close activity.;
- Responsible for the timely completion of complex account analysis and reconciliations.;
- Prepare operating expense variance analysis on a monthly basis.;
- Maintain appropriate controls for Sarbanes-Oxley for financial reporting.;
- Oracle Reports and Standard Chart of Accounts maintenance.;
- Maintain report accuracy and relevance with regular updates of all report logic and format as business needs, processes & systems change.;
- Work cross-functionally to assist in various financial and reporting requirements and decisions while ensuring that best practices of corporate standards and policies are complied with.;
- Ensure proper financial controls exist and are executed within regulatory requirements;
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient project management processes.
- Collaborate with Senior Stakeholders in quality & project controls to maximize operational efficiencies;
- Design, implement and continuously improve project controls that supports operational, financial and client requirements;
- Collaborate with Finance and IT to design, engage and maintain financial processes and controls; and,
- Develop, formalize, standardize, communicate and enforce policies, procedures, processes, and practices that are aligned around principles of high performance and operational excellence.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Accounting designation (CGA, CA, CMA) with 3 to 4 years experience in an accounting environment.
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Word).;
- Proficiency in Financial Systems;
- Strong attention to detail.;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.;
- Excellent written and communication skills.;
- Excellent organization and time management skills.;
- Ability to work well in both team and individual situations.;
- Innovative team player who thrives on challenges.;
- Ability to work within a dynamic fast-paced, work environment.;
- Expert in the project and financial controls fundamentals with superior analytical skills;
- Demonstrated track record of improving operational efficiency while meeting or exceeding internal customer needs;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships; and,
- Advanced MS Office skills, proficient in Excel. Experience with other Financial/Cost systems.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.