Test Automation Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Test Automation Developer. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in February.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a test team to develop automation frameworks and develop automated test scripts supporting the testing effort;
- Executing manual test cases according to test strategy/plan and project schedule;
- Ongoing interaction with business analyst team to acquire clarification of business requirements of new and existing functionality; and,
- Assisting developers in recreating issues/defects.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in a software testing/quality assurance role;
- Related software testing industry knowledge and experience with financial systems;
- Strong knowledge of Selenium WebDriver automation for feature-rich web interface;
- Experience in developing automation frameworks based on Java and Selenium;
- Strong Java development skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to communicate with external and internal business and technical audiences;
- Passion for testing excellence, solid problem-solving skills, strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Experience adapting to change quickly, multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines;
- Strong pro-active investigative and analytical skills;
- Ability to manage all tasks and deliverables assigned;
- Experience working on IT projects and in a team environment;
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, and demonstrated competencies that support it;
- Experience using defect tracking and test case management tools to report testing outcomes and to assist in measuring quality of functionality and system;
- Ability to report progress using approved status reporting mechanisms and templates on a
- Ability to follow escalation plans to resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Technical test development skills and good understanding of the business and system’s requirements with the intention of converting regression test scripts into automated test cases;
- Knowledge of IT systems and testing tools, reporting and processes;
- Ability to liaise with business users, business analysts and technical resources in error diagnosis and problem resolution;
- Strong communication and analytical skills in order to collaborate with testers, business analysts and technical resources in error diagnosis and problem resolution;
- Experience working with continuous integration using Maven and TestNG;
- Experience working in team setting developing test automation;
- Broad testing knowledge and practical experience of all phases of a testing lifecycle, industry standards, tools and techniques;
- Ability to review and understand complex requirements and design documents and translate into structured test case design;
- Strong experience in documenting test cases, test scenarios and associated test data;
- Working experience with JSoup, PDBOX and EWS-java-api (an asset); and
- Working experience with Team Foundation Server (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.