Senior Systems Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Automating the buildout of infrastructure solutions on the Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud;
- Driving technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation and orchestration;
- Collaborating with infrastructure teams to facilitate build out of public cloud-based solutions;
- Providing expert analysis recommendation on optimizing cloud-based workload to drive efficiency and reduce cost;
- Reviewing and implementing security requirements for public cloud solutions;
- Monitoring, analyzing and optimizing inter-cloud network connectivity;
- Reviewing infrastructure capacity and generating KPI reports;
- Documenting infrastructure builds and creating system support run books;
- Enforcing standardization of environment configuration and preventing configuration drifts; and,
- Leading automation of key infrastructure workflows to drive up efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field OR college diploma in IT with equivalent experience;
- Three (3) plus years of experience with Cloud technologies including expertise on the AWS platform;
- Cloud certification: preferably AWS Solutions SysOPs Admin;
- Experience with Cloud Automation (AWS) including Lambda, Boto3, Cloud-Formation/ARM Templates and IAM Policies;
- experience in scripting and configuration including PS, PS CLI, AWS CLI, Chef, Puppet, Python, JSON and Yaml;
- Advanced knowledge of provisioning resources in the AWS cloud with focus on automation;
- Working knowledge of Docker or another container technology;
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills;
- Ability to work solo and part of a cross functional team and be a self-starter;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills;
- Time management and organizational skills; and,
- Methodical and detailed approach towards project management.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.