Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Financial Accountant. This is a two (2) month contract position to start immediately in Waterloo ON.
- Lead the month-end financial close process, preparing various account reconciliations, accrual entries and consolidating the monthly financial statements on a timely basis;
- Prepare insightful financial statement variance analysis that will highlight trends and issues to the leadership team on a timely basis;
- Maintain organized month-end reconciliations and other documentation;
- Prepare/review monthly bank reconciliations;
- Conduct technical accounting research and prepare related accounting position papers to support conclusions;
- Act as general ledger and ERP system expert, providing guidance to others to ensure transactions are recorded in the proper accounts;
- Be a leader to the accounting team by reviewing transactions, providing guidance and feedback on issues that arise.;
- Maintain accounting controls by following established policies and procedures and make suggestions for continuous process improvements;
- Review revenue recognition and other journal entries, ensure compliance with ASPE;
- Review accounts payable invoices entered for accuracy and timeliness;
- Review the vendor payment process, ensuring payment terms are met;
- Review and approve Government reporting including HST/GST, EHT, WSIB and take the lead on coordinating any related audits that arise.
- Prepare year-end working papers for annual external audit and assist with audit fieldwork by providing documentation to our auditors as requested;
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential; and,
- Assist other members of the Accounting team as required.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education with an accounting focus
- 3+ years of experience in financial accounting / financial reporting;
- An accounting designation is preferred, CPA (CMA, CGA, CA);
- Strong Excel skills, ability to manage complex workbooks;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced, late-stage start-up environment;
- Has exceptional attention to detail and takes ownership of their work;
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to consistently meet month-end deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional colleagues;
- Previous experience with NetSuite an asset; and,
- Ability to work with sensitive information, maintaining high standards of confidentiality.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.