Group Annuity Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Group Annuity Analyst. This is an eighteen (18) month contract position to start immediately in Toronto ON.
Reporting to the Head of Client Relations, the successful candidate will support the business administration & implementation of new groups. The incumbent will also participate in other special projects as assigned. This role is accountable for providing, business management, client relations support, and process improvement. This is achieved by working closely with Group Annuity Clients, Actuarial Consulting Firms, Group Annuity Pricing Team, Customer Service Center and providing support where required.
- Handle inquiries from external Consulting Firms and internal partners in regards to group annuity;
- Handle the monthly reconciliations of health premiums and secondary insurer payments for active groups;
- Maintain up to date data records of ongoing changes that impact pricing (premium reconciliation process);
- Act as a Client Relations liaison between other departments on special projects or initiatives;
- New Business Support and Reporting;
- Develop, analyze and provide management information reports as needed;
- Prepare Database and files to facilitate data transfer;
- Prepare contract documentation to be sent to new policyholders;
- Prepare annual reports to be sent to annuitants;
- Carry out functions with an extremely high sense of urgency;
- Work in tandem with the Customer Service Center to support the New Business Implementation process;
- Process improvement.
- Provide expertise and insight to support process improvement; and,
- Act as an Insurance liaison with external vendors providing services to Insurance in order to improve business process or develop new markets.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate University degree;
- Three (3) or more years of experience in pension administration (Defined Benefit) or Group Annuity;
- Good knowledge of the regulatory and tax requirements;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
- Experience with an in-house Pension plan/ or large corporation/consultant;
- Good knowledge of group annuity products and sales channels;
- French (oral & written) is a definite asset;
- Good knowledge of the regulatory and tax requirements from a pension perspective;
- Actuarial (how pensions are calculated) background;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- In-depth analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Keen attention to detail; and,
- Pension industry and Life insurance related education (e.g.: CEBS, LOMA,) is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.