Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with other business units such as IT, operation, finance, actuarial department and audits in order to identify data quality problems and define solutions;
- Documenting data quality issues and prioritizing the correction in source systems or in the data warehouse;
- Analyzing enterprise data to define business rules to block or signal invalid data entries;
- Working in collaboration with the data governance team for the implementation and the adoption of the data quality’s principles;
- Participating in data foundation projects and business projects in line with the enterprise priorities;
- Support best practices of the information management;
- Understanding and mastering the functioning of the company; and,
- Understanding various operational systems and their data.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science or in any other related field;
- Bilingualism in English and French, spoken and written;
- Ten (10) years’ experience as an IT BSA/ BA;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in data warehousing and BI;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in data modeling;
- Ten (10) years’ experience with SQl, unix and windows;
- Three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience in information technology or business intelligence;
- Excellent knowledge of SAS programming or solid SQL and strong programming skills;
- Experience in business analysis;
- Analytical skills, critical faculty and ability to synthesize;
- Ability to write clear documents;
- Ability to be independent, persistent and creative;
- Very good team spirit;
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Experience in hadoop, hive and impala (an asset);
- Insurance industry experience (an asset); and,
- Certification in hadoop and SAS (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.