Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a BSA /BA. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in various projects related to the data management such as data warehouse and reports;
- Working with all LOBs in order to get all requirements related with data and reports;
- Working with Technology team to develop solutions for creating and updating data warehouse and reports;
- Identifying, the prioritizing and the resolving of the GI business units’ data management requirements and issues;
- Performing acceptance tests on the data warehouse and reports within each project scope;
- Working closely with the Manager GI Data Governance, members in the department and other business units like TS, Operation, Finance and Corporate Actuarial in order to identify their needs and the impacts;
- Analyzing different types of codes to determine source data;
- Participating in the elaboration of the projects Information Flow Blueprints;
- Participating in the implementation and the adoption of the Data Governance’s principles for the enterprise;
- Participating in the implementation and the maintenance of best practices and metrics for reporting, data dictionary, audit and remediation, and data quality management;
- Supporting best practices of the information management and data foundation;
- Acting as a business units’ representative with Technology Solutions teams;
- Interpreting business needs in order to recommend best practices;
- Analyzing enterprise data;
- Understanding and defining business rules;
- Understanding and mastering the functioning of the company; and,
- Understanding various operational systems and data.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science or in any other related field;
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience in Data Warehousing or Business Intelligence;
- Five (5) years’ experience as IT BSA /BA;
- Five (5) years’ experience in SQL, SAS, UNIX and Windows;
- Five (5) years’ experience in Data Modeling;
- Five (5) years’ experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio;
- Experience in information management and data governance;
- Ability to discuss with distinct stakeholders in terms of expertise, training and hierarchy;
- Ability to easily deal with projects requirements ambiguity and projects orientation changes;
- Experience in business analysis;
- Ability to be rigorous and quality conscious;
- Analytical skills and possess a critical faculty and an ability to synthesize information;
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present ideas and facilitate discussions to build consensus;
- Ability to be independent and persistent, show innovation and be creative;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team;
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills with a focus on negotiation and collaboration; and,
- Knowledge in the field of General Insurance (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.