Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst. This is a six (6) month contract position to start in immediately in Brampton ON.
- Represent ESI (Enterprise Service Integration) team in projects initiated by various business units and IT;
- Gather nonfunctional requirements on behalf of ESI and ensure those are captured and addressed by the project;
- Independently manage minor ESI enhancements end to end;
- Work closely with ESI technical and architecture teams, project managers, application developers, subject matter experts, end users, and senior management;
- Identify an ESI solution for a given project, while considering the current landscape as well as architectural roadmaps;
- Identify and highlight problem areas, gaps or conflicts derived from information gathered;
- Gather and provide estimates and forecasts to project PM;
- Work with waterfall and agile methodologies;
- Elicit, analyze, document and validate requirements or user stories, process flows, identifying system and process solution components, producing functional specifications for impacted middleware applications as well as corresponding front and back ends;
- Conduct JAD and whiteboard sessions with multiple SMEs to brainstorm the solution;
- Prepare documentation including but not limited to HLEs, Requirements Matrix, Solution Design Specifications, Detail Design Documents and testing guidelines following the IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
- Demonstrates strong ESI domain knowledge and ability to communicate technical problems & impact into business language.
- Extend awareness of risks associated with application development and potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation;
- Work closely with Quality Assurance teams – System Functional, Performance, User Acceptance, Business Readiness;
- Conduct project review sessions, obtain sign-offs, and coordinate acceptance tests to ensure timely delivery of requirements;
- Conduct project review sessions, obtain sign-offs, and coordinate acceptance tests to ensure timely delivery of requirements; and,
- Work on multiple projects in different SDLC stages simultaneously.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 - 8 years experience as a Business Systems Analyst preferably with knowledge of Telecommunications products;
- 4+ System Analysis experience;
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall and Agile);
- Demonstrated success working with internal and external business and IT teams to understand and gather requirements and working with project teams to meet expectations;
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and solutions, and communicate effectively with colleagues (business and technical staff) and management;
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization;
- Experience working with external vendors;
- Core Competencies: Customer service orientation; teamwork and collaboration; adaptability; initiative; analytical thinking;
- Role-Specific Competencies: Business Analysis; innovative design skills, problem-solving; work-flow analysis; project management;
- Ability to express ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring communication to the intended audience;
- Excellent time management and priority management skills;
- Proactive, responsive and focused.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.