Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
IT Manager, Infrastructure
Eagle is currently seeking an IT Manager, Infrastructure for a permanent career opportunity position to start in February in downtown Toronto.
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the IT Manager, Infrastructure is responsible for the effective planning, organization, and operation of information technology (IT) infrastructure services and support across the organization. This includes major projects that enhance the effectiveness of network systems, business continuity, disaster recovery, and cybersecurity objectives. The incumbent is responsible for strategic planning, identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources to ensure ongoing technical sustainment, training, and enhancement of all infrastructure services meets SLA metrics and senior management performance criteria. This individual participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, Health Canada regulatory requirements, and GxP quality standards.
- Implement corporate policies, strategies, and initiatives that guide the planning, integration, deployment, operation, enhancement, and support of technology infrastructure;
- Oversees strategic initiatives, committees, and projects that advance the client’s business agenda across the enterprise;
- Responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise technology infrastructure, ensuring the reliable and efficient use of the WAN (Wide Area Network), LAN (Local Area Network), VoIP (Voice over IP), and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisit)
- Manage multiple information and communication systems, including Cloud services, data warehouse, security access, video monitoring, and plant controls;
- Provide solution plans for various IT-related problems on the short, medium, and long-term;
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make cost-effective recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems to senior management;
- Builds develop, and manages the enterprise's technology services organization, consisting of direct reports and indirect reports; including the hiring, training, staff development, performance management and conducting annual performance reviews;
- Develops and oversees effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals; coordinates the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are;
- Identify opportunities to provide technology that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business deliverables as well as recognize and resolve issues that could impact organizational and operational activities;
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures for managing ongoing requests and services, systems development and project management activities to ensure a timely response with a high level of service;
- Oversee the optimization, stabilization, and capacity planning of information technology assets to ensure availability, security, and reliability to support the day-to-day-business operations and management reporting;
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity;
- Oversee project management for IT Infrastructure-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems;
- Build relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee service level agreement escalation and contract negotiations;
- Manage capacity planning for the network, computing, and storage requirements; messaging and collaboration, web services, call center, and VoIP platforms, ERP, mobile device management, software licensing, and support/maintenance agreements;
- Ensure the accurate documentation of all IT services, including network diagrams, cabling layouts, naming conventions, asset tracking, inventory levels, service contracts, process maps, work centers, scheduling, and data flows; and,
- Communicate and facilitate a commitment to and support for client’s mission, vision, and values.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- University degree in Information Systems Management, Information Technology, or Computer Science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience;
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive IT management experience, with a deep understanding of enterprise infrastructure architecture and implementation;
- At least one of Microsoft MCSE, VMWare VCP, Cisco CCNP, CISSP, or equivalent experience;
- Genetec Security Center, ITIL Practitioner level, Atlassian Confluence, Private Cloud, AWS SysOps experience, and GxP environment are assets;
- Work experience in a GxP or ISO9000 environment and PMP certification are assets;
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, networking, data center virtualization, storage, databases, and scripting;
- Strong proficiency with VPN, firewall encryption, network forensics, wireless protocols, and other aspects of network security technologies;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop technology solutions, services, and policies across multiple sites; experience with expansion into multiple jurisdictions within Canada and internationally would be an asset;
- Advanced analytical skills, and knowledge of project delivery framework, application development, and/or program management experience; and,
- Proven ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and to collaborate with a diverse group of professionals including technical experts, consultants, and external partners in order to achieve excellence in IT governance and operations;
- An influential leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in conjunction with sound judgment, staff management, and teambuilding skills;
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences, effective written and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability;
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations, with effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment; and,
- Ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.