Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Test Leads. This is a three (3) month contract position to start in January in Halifax NS.
The Project Scope will vary depending on the project, and details will be communicated to the Test Lead once engaged. In some cases, test planning and the creation of test cases may be complete, and the Test Lead will be required to execute or oversee the execution, and in some cases, the Test Lead may be responsible for all test planning, test case creation, and execution or overseeing the execution.
- Develop and manage test planning activity;
- Responsible for the test portion of the project plan (tasks, dependencies, effort, resources, timeline);
- Manage the test team’s activities;
- Work directly with the Business and/or Business Systems Analyst to coordinate and facilitate test case creation and test case execution;
- Lead the analysis, design, implementation, and execution of test plans;
- Develop and review test scenarios and test cases;
- Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, ensuring all requirements are tested;
- Work with the business systems analyst to ensure the integrity and readiness of the test environment for each of the testing phases;
- Track and manage defects (including identification, assessment, prioritization, tracking, retesting);
- Work with the source teams (vendor, IT, business) to manage the delivery of defect resolutions (eg. build packages from the vendor, environment fixes from IT, config or business process fixes from the business);
- Ensure test results are documented and signed off by the testers.;
- Coordinate the formal sign-off on all testing deliverables and events;
- Document and log any issues identified through testing; track the resolution status with the vendor; and,
- Measure progress, monitor, and report on the status of the test initiatives against the plan and acceptance criteria.
Education & Skills:
- University or College degree
- A minimum of 5 years test lead/analyst experience;
- Demonstrated experience with planning and test strategy development;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in technical project requirements and objectives, with projects of comparable size and complexity;
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SharePoint (e.g. project document & information management) and test tools;
- Project experience within the power utility sector is desirable;
- Demonstrated technical capabilities with Windows 7 OS environment; and,
- Test Certifications and working knowledge of ITIL would be considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.