Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Wireless In-Building System Designer
Eagle is currently seeking a Wireless In-Building System Designer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing of wireless system radio coverage using RF engineering software and accepted engineering principles with a dedicated focus on in-building systems to determine equipment type, configuration, antenna placement, ERP, and to ensure compliance with Safety Code 6;
- Designing of radio system parameters including primary scrambling code, CPICH power and neighbor relations for UMTS network;
- Optimizing of wireless network as part of integrating new systems into the wireless network;
- Modifying the RF system design of existing systems to accommodate capacity growth;
- Conducting site visits may be required to evaluate the radio environment, feasibility and limitations of installations;
- Maintaining accurate RBS, ERP, and system design information in database;
- Working with other engineers and departments to troubleshoot worst performing systems;
- Detailing one-by-one analysis of systems including configurations, neighbor optimization, and parameter settings;
- Liaising with government agencies to ensure that RF installations meet the necessary standards such as Safety Code 6;
- Coordinating with other wireless carriers on co-located installations;
- Modifying as required to ensure no harmful interference or degradation is caused to one another; and,
- Working with other engineering departments as well as field operations and facilities to provide sound technical design and support.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary electrical engineering program in BSc, B.Eng or equivalent;
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in related field;
- Knowledge of radio propagation theory, radio transmitter and receiver circuits, cellular system principles and two-way land mobile communications with a strong focus on in-building system design;
- Proficiency in IB Wave RF Vu in-building system design software;
- Ability to be self-motivated with superior organizational and analytical skills;
- Effective technical writing and communication skills in English; and,
- Strong computer skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.