Senior Test Automation Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Test Automation Specialist. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Facilitating communication with the team and with other groups to ensure that test automation designs such as scripts, data and expected results are clearly understood, and all test automation requirements are met;
- Leading test automation efforts towards designing and implementing a maintainable automation test framework based on the standards and guidelines set forth by management, and ensures company guidelines, strategies and procedures are followed;
- Implementing, documenting, and monitoring best practices for test automation across the Scrum teams;
- Demonstrating technical leadership and acting as a mentor for other test team members;
- Providing updates and status reports to the Test Lead, Test Manager and Project Manager as appropriate;
- Working closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve and prevent issues, ensuring thorough automated testing from both a business and technical architecture perspective, and understanding related support and production issues;
- Converting requirements and designing documents into a set of automated test cases, scenarios and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Analyzing data, recommending improvements and compiling reports based on findings;
- Creating test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation;
- Converting requirements and designing documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Performing defect tracking and coordinates QA activities;
- Performing application specific and integrated end-to-end complex automated testing of key business processes using available tools and applications;
- Participating in product readiness and release decisions and providing test sign-off documentation; and,
- Performing all functional and non-functional testing.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five to eight (5- 8) years of experience in automating business application and software tests;
- Strong experience analyzing and understanding functional, technical and non-functional requirements in a variety of application environments;
- Experience designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting automated test cases, scripts and scenarios;
- Experience designing and implementing common test automation frameworks to maximize efficiency and minimize maintenance costs;
- Experience using and leveraging automated testing tools;
- Experience using telemetry tools/ dashboards;
- Experience with Agile;
- Experience with accessibility testing;
- Good understanding of QA methodology including test plans, test cycles, and software release;
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes;
- Experience with Selenium, SOAPUI or similar web and API test frameworks;
- Experience with Mendix or PaaS or 4GL (an asset);
- Experience with Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes (an asset);
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse, Maven, IntelliJ and SonarQube (an asset);
- Experience with mobile testing and load/performance tools such as Jmeter (an asset);
- Experience with Jira, Zephyr HP ALM/QTP or similar test management tool, (an asset); and,
- Experience with continuous testing within CI/ CD construct (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.