Intermediate Test Automation Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Test Automation Specialist. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of automation test data entry and record keeping of tests completed;
- Assisting with functional and technical test case and script design reviews;
- Creating automated test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation;
- Converting requirements and design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Performing end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications, ensuring fixes are tested and verified until requirements are met;
- Creating test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation;
- Converting requirements and design documents into a set of test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Performing defect tracking and coordinates QA activities;
- Analyzing data, recommending improvements and compiling reports based on findings;
- Driving the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improving effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute;
- Performing defect tracking and coordinating test automation related activities;
- Recommending adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements;
- Communicating test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties;
- Working closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach;
- Participating in product readiness and release decisions and providing test sign-off documentation; and,
- Performing all functional and non-functional testing.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Three to five (3- 5) years of experience in automated business application and software testing;
- Three (3) plus years of experience in all aspects of QA;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand functional, technical and non-functional requirements;
- Experience designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting both application specific and integrated end-to-end automated test cases, scripts, and scenarios;
- Agile experience;
- Accessibility testing experience;
- Good understanding of QA methodology including test plans, test cycles, and software release;
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes;
- Experience with Selenium, SOAPUI or similar web and API test frameworks;
- Experience with Mendix or PaaS or 4GL (an asset);
- Experience with Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes (an asset);
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins, Git, Eclipse, Maven, IntelliJ and SonarQube (an asset);
- Experience with mobile testing and load/performance tools such as Jmeter (an asset);
- Experience with Jira, Zephyr HP ALM/QTP or similar test management tools (an asset); and,
- Experience with continuous testing within CI/ CD construct (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.