Test Automation Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Test Automation Engineer. This is a five (5) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of automation test data entry and record keeping of tests completed;
- Assisting with functional and technical test cases and script design reviews;
- Creating automated test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation;
- Converting requirements and design documents or existing manual test scripts into a set of automated test cases and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Performing end-to-end integrated automation testing of key business processes using available tools and applications, ensuring fixes are tested and verified until requirements are met;
- Driving the efficient quality of applications through solid testing methods and improving effectiveness by identifying the right set of test cases and scenarios to automate and execute;
- Performing defect tracking and coordinating test automation related activities;
- Analyzing data, recommending improvements and compiling reports based on findings;
- Recommending adjustments to current test automation processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvements;
- Communicating test automation processes and associated test plans to appropriate parties;
- Working closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve issues, and ensure thorough automated testing that meets the scope of the approved test strategy and test automation approach; and,
- Participating in product readiness and release decisions and providing test sign-off documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- One to three (1-3) years of delivering test automation in Agile software development projects either regression or in-sprint, including integration of automation with DevOps such as CI process;
- Two (2) plus years of hands on experience any 3 of the following required: Selenium, REST-assured, TestNG, Maven, Node.JS, SuperTest, Mocha, Jasmin test automation framework, SoapUI / LoadUI or Karate web service automation framework;
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration, including one or more of the following builds, deploy or version control tools: Jenkins, Maven, Git or Bitbucket working with branches, merging and performing pull requests;
- Proven success in contributing to Agile software development teams and delivery test automation in-sprint;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Excellent leadership, communication both written and oral and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Familiarity with the following technologies, cloud environments, design patterns and test types: Apache Kafka, Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure, Actor model, Apache Cassandra or Jenkins CI (an asset);
- Experience with load and performance tools such as Jmeter, LoadUI, Gatling, Grinder and LoadRunner (an asset); and,
- Service virtualization experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.