Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Eagle is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer. This is a five (5) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing CI/CD pipeline;
- Managing legacy deployment activity;
- Managing configuration and automation backlog;
- Operating, providing intake and supporting various tools spanning the SDLC;
- Managing and operating source code repository;
- Managing and operating code quality scanning;
- Managing and operating pipeline orchestrator;
- Managing and operating non-prod environments;
- Managing environment provisioning requests;
- Managing infrastructure requests enhance automation and streamline;
- Supporting patching, runtime execution and incident management;
- Managing risk exposure, CVE and open source inventory scanning;
- Collaborating with relevant IT teams to ensure smooth service transition of products and services into the operating environment, including operational document reviews and ensuring delivery teams adequately test product and services prior to operational handoff;
- Working with open source frameworks and leveraging capabilities scaled by the community at large; and,
- Adapting to change and quickly learning and applying concepts to business priorities.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Proven experience working as a systems engineer supporting automated builds and continuous integration;
- Deep understanding of code development constructs such as automated build, code merging and branching strategies, automated testing and reporting and process flow control;
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise;
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices;
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies and containerization of services;
- Proven experience as an operations engineer supporting multiple applications in various environments (an asset);
- Proven technical leadership (an asset);
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches (an asset);
- Proven experience managing large-scale projects delivering cross-functional components from software to middleware and infrastructure (an asset);
- Proven experience evaluating, and introducing new technologies (an asset);
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and proven ability to flourish working in a fast-paced environment (an asset);
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations (an asset);
- Understanding of platform as a service paradigms and hybrid deployment topology management (an asset); and,
- Understanding of 12-Factor App methodology(an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.