Tier 2 RAN Support
Eagle is currently seeking two (2)Tier 2 RAN Supports. This is a twelve (12) month contract position to start in January in downtown Toronto.
Good working knowledge of principles covering RF (both cellular & point-to-point communication), IP (including L2/L3 routing, VRRP, MPLS, virtual services etc), Microwave Radio, Software Management, external alarms, power supply management with cell sites.Experience dealing with vendors for complex software/hardware faults as well as new software testing and deployment. Experience making use of vendor support sites and documentation
Educations & Skills:
- At least 5 years experience in operating, configuring and troubleshooting at a Tier 2 level UTRAN / eUTRAN networks end to end, including transmission and site support equipment. Specific platforms of experience to include:
- Nokia RNC: IPA-2600 & mcRNC;
- Nokia nodeB / enodeB: Flexi, Airscale, Flexi Zone (Small Cells);
- Nokia OMS: SA-OMS, iOMS (Hewlett Packard Platform with iLO);
- Nokia / fALU Microwave Radio: 9500 MPR;
- Dragon Wave Microwave Radio: Horizon Compact;
- Nokia / fALU Routers: 7750 SR / 7705 SAR;
- Microsemi (formerly Symmetricom) Timing nodes: SSU-2000 & TP5000;
- NSN / Dasan Routers: hiD 6615;
- Site Support Units: Eltek Flatpack, Emerson NetXtend Flex Series;
- Nokia EMSs: NSP (formerly 5620 SAM), Netact (specifically CM Manager & Reporting Suite);
- Cisco EMS: Cisco Prime, NSN / DASAN EMS: INAS, and, Antenna Systems: TenXC, RFS, Kathrein;
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in the Telecommunications / Computer Science;
- At least 5 years of relevant technical hands-on working experience in managing telecommunication systems in an operational environment;
- Available for 24x7 On-Call rotational duties;
- Available for rotational night work activities;
- Good communication skills, an ability to work well under pressure and condensed timelines;
- Must be a self-starter, willing and able to work in a fast paced environment and within a steep learning curve; and,
- Good understanding of GSM/LTE/VoWIFI concepts.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.