Eagle is currently seeking a Deployment Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a Deployment Analyst
- Creating automated deployment pipelines, platform tooling, and monitoring to ensure that deployed software and environments are operating at peak performance;
- Work closely with SCRUM team members to understand and participate in the story definition, technical designs, development, testing, and implementation;
- Will participate in project and operational activities to meet team, department, and corporate objectives;
- Responsible for software deployment and monitoring to ensure that deployed software environments are operating at peak performance;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, prioritize and multitask in a dynamic environment, and adapt quickly to change;
- We believe that everyone's opinion matters when it comes to solutions and no good idea is left unheard;
- Strong analysis and interpersonal skills are a necessity;
- We work on projects that are helping shape the way our teams deliver to our Members;
- We are finding new ways that allow us to continuously improve delivery of value with high levels of cadence and quality.
Skills and Qualifications of a Deployment Analyst
- Should have some programming or scripting experience and have an ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment with development and operations teams;
- One or more years and good skill in working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering of software products to market;
- Knowledge of virtualization and IaaS, ideally VMWare, Microsoft Azure and Windows Server;
- Understanding of IP networking, network security firewalls, and load balancing;
- One or more years and broad knowledge of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques (continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery, code reviews);
- Must have demonstrated user interaction/support experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- One or more years of programming experience working with source control, simple applications, web technologies, unit testing frameworks, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, GIT, Visual Studio Team Services and SQL Server;
- One or more years of experience deploying and maintaining machines in a virtual environment (e.g. VMware);
- One or more years of experience with platform automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, or Puppet);
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile.
Nice to have
- Awareness of different deployment technologies (e.g. Docker & Kubernetes) and continuous integration using TFS or VSTS;
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is considered to be an asset;
- Post-secondary education plus one or more years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience working with ITIL (preference for ITIL certification) considered an asset;
- Technical designations are valued but not required at this time
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.