Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Engineer. This is a four (4) month contract position to start in January in Kitchener/Waterloo ON.
You are a Big Data expert and are expected to be skilled in enterprise solution design, provide hands-on subject matter expertise to build and implement Cloudera Hadoop-based Big Data solutions, manage data governance, encourage cross-functional collaboration and drive delivery with development teams
- Design and Build world-class high-volume real-time data ingestion and processing frameworks and advanced analytics on big data platforms.;
- Must have a firm understanding of database systems – Data modeling, SQL query Processing, and Transactions Know how to scale systems and make them fast;
- Solid understanding of software development from design and architecture to production;
Educations & Skills:
- University or College degree with 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- The ability to present impromptu and via a whiteboard;
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, HBase, Hive, map reduce and SPARK). Big Data Developer (Data Engineer) specifically with strong Java/Scala + Spark development experience;
- Other Hadoop ecosystem tools (Hive, Flume etc.) experience for an ongoing project.;
- Experience with Pentaho;
- Previous experience in the Property and Auto Insurance industry;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.