Cognos BI Developer/Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Cognos BI Developer/Analyst. This is a six (6) month contract position to start in January in Halifax NS.
The Client maintains data in a computerized integrated database known as the Centralized Education Data, Administration and Reporting (CEDAR) system. This system has detailed information on teachers; a comprehensive set of aggregate data on student enrolments, withdrawals, high school completion, and French programs. The CEDAR system was developed in the 1980s using an outdated programming language (ADABASE) operating on a Unix Server. The client is looking for a solution to replace CEDAR. This will include the export of CEDAR data and functionality to a new Cognos/Oracle solution.
- Participate in building Data Marts;
- Finalize a Data Model on a given domain;
- Implement the Data Model using an ETL tool;
- Maintain, develop, and test code changes using existing coding standards and tools;
- Data Mart development/testing;
- ETL development / testing;
- Knowledge transfer of changes from/to the Business Intelligence Support Team;
- Support User Acceptance testing;
- Submit deliverables and escalate issues to the Senior Data Warehouse Architect, and/or Business Solutions Manager;
- Submit weekly status reports with a breakdown of hours (for the various assigned tasks) to the Senior Data Warehouse Architect and BSG Project Manager;
Educations & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience developing with - IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio/Cognos Analytics 11 and, IBM Data Manager;
- IBM Framework Manager;
- Minimum of 5 years in Data Mart Design;
- Experience with Oracle 10G or 11G;
- Experience developing PL/SQL;
- Able to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to read and evaluate design specifications with a view to providing gap analysis, technical design improvements, and other technical feedback;
- Good communication skills – Written and Oral;
- Experience performing and supporting testing efforts, including developing and unit to ensure software, will perform as expected;
- Experience working in structured project team environments that formal processes such as deliverable approvals, change request processes, and rigid configuration management;
- Previous public sector project experience would be an asset;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.