Eagle is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer. This is a seven (7) month contract position to start in January in downtown Toronto.
The client is growing their DevOps cloud engineering team. They need candidates with experience in Cloud technologies both private and public, as well as exp with CI tools specifically Jenkins, software delivery automation, CICD Pipeline. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
- Seasoned platform Engineer with a strong background in Linux systems administration;
- Practical experience with DevOps practices;
- Familiar with software development lifecycle practices (SDLC);
- Practical experience implementing enterprise-grade infrastructure automation tools;
Educations & Skills:
- University or post-graduate degree or equivalent with any computer science degree or equivalent degree is fine. Certification in Cloud technology will be a plus
- 5-7 years of Linux system administration experience;
- 3-5 years of experience with infrastructure automation;
- 3-5 years of middleware or database experience;
- Development experience on Linux or Windows operating systems a plus;
- System configuration management experience and infrastructure as code;
- Proven technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to isolate root causes;
- Experience with DevOps practices and working within an agile development cycle;
- Experience integrating open source and closed source software;
- Experience with private and public cloud technologies;
- Experience designing highly available infrastructure topologies including clustering, replication, HA and DR;
- Must be able to work with a pool of experts and ensure high levels of service even when the effort crosses organizational boundaries; and,
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities and will have a strong communicator, with excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.