Database Administrator Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Database Administrator Specialist for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests, and resolving incidents within Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Reviewing service related reports (i.e. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs;
- Responding to database related alerts and escalations and work with database vendors to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems;
- Providing operational support for our Database Management Systems;
- Developing database management tools and utilities and monitor DBMS infrastructure to ensure continued operation against availability and performance service targets;
- Analyzing and sustaining capacity and performance requirements;
- Executing demand and capacity management processes to ensure that the infrastructure can meet upcoming project and organic growth demand;
- Assisting project teams in the proper design and implementation of the database solutions;
- Developing or participating in database upgrades and patching;
- Participating in Business Continuity services for Disaster Recovery; and,
- Participating in providing 7x24 database supports.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science;
- Five plus (5+) years of SQL Server working experience;
- Working experience with HANA, DB2LUW, and Sybase would be an asset;
- The ability to analyze and troubleshoot performance issues;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, results oriented;
- The ability to communicate effectively;
- The ability to be a team player;
- The ability to analyze and troubleshoot performance issues; and,
- Demonstrated capability in leading, mentoring and coaching.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.