Senior Project Manager
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager. This is a six (6) month contract position to start in January in Waterloo ON.
The Business Project Manager will be responsible for the delivering projects throughout the entire project life-cycle (concept to close). The Business Project Manager will work in partnership with the Enterprise Services (IT) Project Managers to deliver fully integrated business/IT initiatives.
- Manage all phases of projects from concept to closure while leveraging Project Management best practice standards and processes;
- Manage client relations to ensure that project delivery expectations are specified and met;
- Create project deliverables that meet/exceed the project sponsor's specified expectations;
- Engage project stakeholders and communicate project updates effectively to ensure buy-in and project success (examples: meetings, status updates, issue resolution);
- Provide clear direction and motivation to project staff;
- Work with multi-site/virtual project teams;
- Develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control;
- Monitor all project results for significant deviations and ensure the development of contingency plans where necessary;
- Successfully manage and escalate as required project changes, risks, issues, and actions;
- Leadership, influencing, and facilitation skills to coordinate and direct effective meetings for project teams;
- Project Management Office accountabilities and reporting as required; and,
- Identify ongoing continuous improvement opportunities.
Educations & Skills:
- University degree or equivalent with PMP certification or equivalent and 5+ years of project management experience at a senior level all would be considered an asset;
- Proven experience leading and managing large, complex projects;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks;
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments;
- Proven effective relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence others and achieve buy-in;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and set plans to achieve clarity with a positive, energetic attitude;
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with IT Teams;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations;
- Financial sector experience, particularly in retail insurance, wealth and distribution, would be an asset; and,
- Program Management experience and/or experience managing projects within a program.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.