Senior Business Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working as a liaison between the business community and technical community in the development of solutions that support the business;
- Working with the business to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions, including changes to business processes and information systems, are developed;
- Assessing processes and information streams and being proficient in the utilization of the appropriate tools, models and techniques as part of the requirements gathering process;
- Ensuring that the solutions that are designed and developed are in line with corporate standards and reflect best practices;
- Apply analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and design solutions that leverage and extend business applications and services;
- Applying creative and critical thinking and diagnostic ability to gather client's functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques;
- Considering multiple options, analyzing alternatives, and selecting the one that best supports the business need and technical reality;
- Playing a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs;
- Applying a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements;
- Leading informative well-organized presentations and facilitating sessions to review requirements and identify gaps;
- Bringing others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution;
- Delivering clear, complete and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process and is useable for the technical project members to deliver the solution;
- Conducting planning and change management activities;
- Coordinating, planning and managing project-level deliverables by determining the best approach to use for gathering, validating and prioritizing requirements based on the nature of the project, risks and complexity;
- Identifying and resolving any issues created by changing requirements;
- Executing requirements management activities while remaining flexible to changing requirements and project deadlines; and,
- Promoting company’s reporting and business analytics best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- BA Certification such as Certified Business Analysis Professional;
- Experience working in complex project environments with multiple stakeholders, multiple project streams, competing priorities and an Agile fast-paced development approach;
- Experience working in complex technical environments including multiple data sources, multiple data marts, integration of legacy and future state data;
- Experience working in an Agile software development life cycle team environment;
- Related-industry knowledge in insurance or financial systems;
- Experience working with the IBM Cognos toolset;
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly, to multi-task and to work under tight deadlines;
- Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions;
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form with both business and technical audiences;
- Ability to present complex or conflicting situations/issues to stakeholders;
- Experience working on IT projects and in a team environment;
- Solid understanding and experience with business analytics development methodologies and technologies; and,
- Experience in identifying and documenting business analytics and BI reporting requirements, including OLAP and self-service reporting.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.