Intermediate Architecture - ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Architecture - ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Developer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and testing ETL processes to interface data from multiple internal and external systems;
- Developing ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model and business requirements;
- Translating complex business requirements into technical solutions;
- Performing data analysis and data modelling to create functional design documents and source to target mappings;
- Loading target data bases using complex transformations that come from many systems;
- Monitoring loads and troubleshooting any issues that arise;
- Meeting with ETL design and project leads to understand business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identifying and resolving systems issues;
- Participating in the design sessions;
- Collaborating in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality, and enhancements;
- Developing test scenarios and performing in-depth unit tests, including end-user reviews;
- Defining ETL job sequence and dependencies including error logging and restart processes as well as developing ETL run book; and,
- Understanding and developing ETL processes based on BRD (Business Requirements Document) or User Stories.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or mathematics or equivalent work-related experience;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in Information Technology;
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in relational databases, ETL, and data warehousing technologies such as IBM infosphere tool suite including DataStage and QualityStage;
- Two (2) plus years developing or architecting application systems;
- One (1) plus years’ experience in ETL design and development with one or more leading ETL products and solutions;
- One (1) plus year’ experience with data warehousing, data integration, ETL tools, data quality tools and databases;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent design documentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple platforms and formats, including SSIS, DataStage, structured and unstructured data;
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple data platforms including but not limited to SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and Cloud unstructured database services;
- Demonstrated EDW process and design methodology;
- Demonstrated agile development and modelling abilities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise design methodology;
- One (1) plus years; experience in PL/SQL development (an asset);
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (an asset);
- Experience in Teradata (an asset);
- Experience in IBM DataStage and data warehousing solutions (an asset);
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud and hybrid on premise design fundamentals (an asset); and,
- Demonstrated knowledge with data modelling tools (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.