Eagle is currently seeking an Application Support resource for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing core application support tasks, resolving incidents, performing routine changes, deploying enhancements, planning and performing preventative maintenance;
- Interacting directly with customers to understand their requirements and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Creating and executing quality assurance procedures, coordinating quality assurance activities performed by contractors/business users;
- Maintaining and supporting critical systems ensuring high system availability, participating in on-call rotation;
- Planning and performing application patching, maintenance, and upgrades;
- Supporting field crews, field applications, and field devices (i.e. GPS, laptops, iPads, and in-vehicle printers);
- Testing and deploying field laptops, iPads, and applications during refresh roll outs;
- Developing and maintaining application support documentation;
- Adhering to change control policy and procedures when planning and deploying changes;
- Collaborating with IT Infrastructure resources to analyze hardware and software configuration required for application sustainment; and,
- Practicing continuous improvement by identifying and recommending changes to applications, IS procedures, standards, and processes.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five plus (5+) years of well-rounded business application support and development experience;
- Two plus (2+) years of experience of IT experience in supporting GIS software i.e. ArcGIS;
- Experience in desktop / mobile computer support and troubleshooting software related problems;
- Experience developing/modifying and adapt systems, software configurations, and programs to meet business requirements;
- Experience supporting applications through upgrade cycles;
- Exceptional communication skills are required in relating technical information to non-technical personnel; and,
- Experience in the utility industry is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.