Automation and Manual Tester
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Automation and Manual Tester for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of an Automation and Manual Tester
- Recognize and effectively engage either a QA3 analyst or Manager Quality Assurance for assistance in successfully understanding and creating required QA documentation;
- Assist QA3 for any POC (Proof of concept) that takes place from the QA department;
- Maintain focus on the SLTs (Service Level Targets) of the QA operations and guide QA1 resources in the absence of a QA Manager or QA Analyst 3;
- Research and analyze appropriate information and data necessary to accurately and effectively create test cases to validate requirements;
- Validate test plans and test cases for junior testers and peers making corrections or suggestions where needed. Provide training at appropriate time to assist junior level tester;
- Follow the standard practice and templates for creating Quality Assurance documents;
- Document results effectively in the appropriate tool or document.
- Retest test cases until the problem is resolved when necessary.
- Run existing SQL queries or create new ones as required.
- Participate in application testing before every code release.
- Setup and run batch jobs as required (daily, monthly, year-end processes, special requests, etc.).
- Document clear test results following QA standards, ensuring the QA3 and QA manager are informed of test results.
- Perform reverse engineering to validate the traceability matrix which QA3 has prepared.
- Understand technical and functional processes within the HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) application.
- Create and manage difficult defects for assigned tasks.
- Analyze requirements for the member and provide defect tracking reports, suitable for use by the member.
- Speak to their defects to the Quality Assurance Manager providing suggestions on appropriate action when the defect is constantly repeated.
- Support testing phase by either leading or participating in defect reviews and facilitating appropriate collaboration between business and technical resources for acceptable defect resolution.
- Document test results in such a manner that the test can be reproduced by the developer for quicker resolution.
- Meet with technical and business analysts to discuss the problems/defects found during the testing execution.
- Update the test execution summary with the list of defects that are deferred in the current release, with a buy-in from the business.
- Act as Lead on small sized assignments to define scope, identify Quality Assurance services required and manage Quality Assurance deliverables.
- Generate and review customized test reports from a test repository or a tool.
- Assist in enforcement of assignment scope, identifying and escalating change requests to the QA3 analyst and/or Quality Assurance Manager.
- Communicate progress and status of Quality Assurance deliverables regularly to Quality Assurance Manager identifying impacts to assignment deadlines and schedules.
- Confer with the IT Owner to ensure clarity for the task assignment.
- Meet with system and design analysts to discuss the test plan and code changes to understand the overall impact of the testing.
- Understand Quality Assurance standards and apply them consistently.
- Develop meeting agendas, objectives and minutes for QA2 initiated collaboration.
- Support implementations by contributing to documentation of information releases and user manuals to ensure successful operation of new or enhanced technology solutions.
Skills and Qualifications of an Automation and Manual Tester
- Two (2) years Quality Assurance testing experience is required;
- Develops, enhances, and maintains Automation test scripts for supported QA applications, according to industry coding standards and best practices;
- Develops Automation framework and infrastructure, including documentation and strategy;
- Aligns Automation solutions with overall QA goals and objectives, providing Automation solutions and strategies that match desired team outcomes and supportable pre-requisites;
- Knowledge and experience with HP QuickTest Professional and HP Quality Center; Automation experience using Telerik test studio an asset;
- Familiarity with coding languages and coding standards (ie. VBscript, HTML, SQL, Java, OOP, etc.);
- ? Strong interpersonal, negotiation, planning and facilitation skills;
- Strong working experience with process modeling techniques and methodologies;
- Strong working experience with business requirements;
- Proven effectiveness in facilitation of small to medium sized cross-functional groups;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint desirable;
- Post-secondary certification in Quality Assurance testing is strongly preferred, but combination of experience and education is also considered;
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with Commerce, IT, Finance or Business Administration;
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is considered an asset;
- CSTE (Certified Software Test Engineer) certification required or equivalent testing experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.