Wireless Packet Core Operations – Platform Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Wireless Packet Core Operations – Platform Specialist. This is a nine (9) month contract position to start in January in Brampton ON.
The successful candidate will need to understand wireless data call flows and worked with Ericsson equipment on the wireless packet core in the past. Typical duties include carrying out work orders for integration and implementation activities on the wireless packet core (new customers, upgrades etc.). The position requires the previous background in HSPA/LTE/VoLTE/VoWiFi Packet Core Nodes.
- Provide Technical Support to Communications Wireless Packet Core nodes/Services on a national scope;
- Integration of HSPA/LTE/VoLTE/VoWiFi Packet Nodes plus Implementation of new Services;
- Responsible to maintain the Services with stringent Change/Incident/Problem Management process discipline;
- Ensure performance indicators are strictly adhered to when new services are introduced in the Nodes;
- Evaluate and Implement Packet core work orders/MOPs and complete associated checklist on a regular basis.;
- Develop KPIs and threshold limit Alerts within the available Monitoring systems to capture Service degradation;
- Provide input when required to detailed fault analysis;
- Develop and Communicate technical documentation related to standards, procedures and preventive maintenance routines.;
- Establish Textronix, EBM, BMC, NNMi, HPNA and Netcool Alarming and Backup solutions for the newly integrated Platforms and obtain acceptance from NOC;
- The Platform specialist role is essential for ensuring services are highly available through superior technical support capabilities that are utilized on the cutting edge HSPA/LTE/VoLTE/VoWiFi Core service delivery Networks and platforms; and,
- Perform impact analysis, a method of procedure review, implementation, and verification of change management activities;
Educations & Skills:
- A post-secondary degree in Telecommunications or Engineering is required; candidates with an exceptional track record in large MSO or carrier operational environments will be considered on a case by case basis.
- MUST be able to work a variety of shifts when required. Day shift can be between 7am-5pm, night shift is 11pm-7am. Complex activities can only be performed during the night maintenance window.;
- Unix and IP skill sets are required for this role.;
- Must understand 3GPP standards/protocols;
- Demonstrated work experience with the following Ericsson Products: SGSN/MME, GGSN, EPG, WMG, NTP, LDAP, DNS, and associated services;
- In-depth Knowledge of Linux, IP, BGP, GRE, GTP, Diameter, Sip, MySQL, Sigtran, and LDAP;
- Broad knowledge of Ericsson Packet Core nodes, Linux Servers, and IP Network - Certified in one of the above or comparable qualifications is essential;
- Basic Knowledge of IP Networks including MPLS is an asset;
- A Self-Starter mentality is required for this role, you must be able to learn from informal as well as formal channels (learning as you go, on the job peer training) as many of the concepts and services are still evolving within the industry;
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skills are essential;
- Knowledge of ANSI, ETSI, 3GPP, GSM, and CCiTT Standards;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are required for the Platform Specialist role;
- Able to travel within North America and be flexible to work shifts, the 24-hour operation including weekend and holidays.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.