Please note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, August 24th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm (EDT). During this time, applications and profile updates may not be received.
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Writer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in January.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, writing and editing documents to support company applications and processes;
- Independently developing and designing instructional and informational tools, user guides and other publications to support accurate, appropriate, and effective use of complex technology, intellectual property, processes, products and services;
- Writing learning and performance support documents and presentation material to support complex applications and processes;
- Writing, editing, standardizing, or making changes to material prepared by other writers;
- Quality reviewing work to be used as communications, ensuring content accuracy, clarity, proper grammar, tone and style, readability, and conformity to policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Providing editorial advice to clients in order to improve quality of documentation;
- Working with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify user needs and assisting in prioritizing documentation needs;
- Observing production, developmental, and operational activities to determine operating procedure and detail;
- Developing an understanding of complex applications through a combination of training sessions, existing documentation, one-on-one sessions with SME or Developers and independently using the application;
- Providing regular project status updates to Project Manager;
- Maintaining effective relationships with peers on team and amongst key stakeholders;
- Developing broad understanding of the corporate systems and processes;
- Identifying and reporting documentation errors to SME or developer found during testing or editing;
- Providing clients with drafts at regular intervals for review and approval;
- Maintaining understanding of applications and levels of user proficiency;
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis to clarify requirements and provide regular status updates;
- Creating project documents to support project activities/tasks including service offering, task list in excel and status reports; and,
- Establishing and following file management standards including work in progress, under review and approved documents stored in central location to ensure proper backup techniques.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Technical writing certification/diploma OR university degree in a related field, such as journalism, communications or english;
- Five (5) years’ experience writing user and system documentation in an IT environment;
- Combination of multimedia knowledge, strong communication skills, and demonstrated technical expertise in order to create supporting documentation that can educate across an entire spectrum of users’ abilities and technical experience;
- SharePoint Experience including creating pages, views, managing libraries and content;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative and attention to detail;
- Strong customer insight to understand and interpret client needs;
- Ability to adaptable to changing environment;
- Ability to handle changing work or project environments with composure and confidence;
- Strong working knowledge of MS suite of products including MS Work and Excel in particular;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot complex user applications and document their usage;
- Ability to learn new technical writing or other software applications as needed;
- Previous experience working in the financial or insurance industry (an asset);
- Understanding of XML or other markup languages (an asset);
- Understanding and application of DITA principles (an asset); and,
- Ability to communicate in both official languages (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.